(Information provided by TEVA Animal Health)
What are the signs of joint pain?
- Difficulty jumping up on a bed or couch
- Limping or walking with an odd gait
- Difficulty walking up stairs
- Stiffness in the morning
- Reduced anxiety
What causes joint pain?
- Prefious trauma, injury or surgery to a joint
- Inherited or developmental bone abnormalities
- Age (constant wear-and-tear over time)
- Hip Displasia
How do we treat joint pain?
The best treatment option depends on the cause and severity of the joint pain. Treatment options may include surgery, prescription and non-prescription medications, weight loss and nutraceuticals or nutritional supplements. Consult your veterinarian for the best treatment option for your pet.